Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crafting for a Cause



So, Jo-ann fabrics, my home away from home, is having a contest 'Craft for a Cause.' What an amazing thing! You make something to donate to a charity and then judging takes place and a winner is pick, but the great part is whichever charity gets the most votes wins 90,000$ from Jo-ann. So, I bought what I need today to make a blanket for Project Linus.
Project Linus is a charity that donates handmade blankets and quilts to children in hospitals or victims of domestic violence. I think it's an absolutely wonderful charity and I urge anyone who crafts or sews to make something. Jo-Ann's website provides a list of charities or you can pick your own.
Another amazing charity I've found is called 'Cinderella's Closet.' They provide resources for high school girls who can't afford it to go to High School dances like Prom. People are asked to donate shoes, dresses, and jewelry, (in good shape of course) to this organization. How wonderful! I absolutely love to hear about people helping other people. It restores my faith in humanity a bit. Oh, and another wonderful charity: 'Newborns in Need.' You just have to read about this one...

No comments: