Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Cupcake Day, (one day in advance:)

Have you ever had something that made you truly happy? Silly question I know. There is the obvious... my daughter, just looking at her fills me with a kind of joy I never knew existed. Hugging my husband and smelling the scent of his aftershave takes me to some sort of ethereal plane of existence, but that kind of happy is on an unearthly scale. I'm talking about the kind of happy that makes lousy morose days go away immediately because your mind floats off into dreamland when you see them or taste them. I feel kind of crazy for saying this but cupcakes have become my obsession. I love everything having to do with them. Their shape is a platonic form. Their color can be vibrant of dull, either way they never fail to impress me. Any color, shape or size, it doesn't matter I want to look at it. I could just stare at them. Why? I can't figure it out. I have baked and eaten so many cupcakes lately that I have renamed the fat above my jean line my cupcake top. I don't care. I can't help myself. So in honor of National Cupcake Day here's to you cupcakes! May you keep on rising beautifully and creating smile after smile everyday!

No comments: