Thursday, June 10, 2010

Emily Dickinson and a Parking Ticket




How, one may ask, are these two connected? I am honored to say that Matt and I received a parking ticket in front of Emily Dickinson's house. Forever can I tell people at parties or just people on the street how I was fined in front of a major historical building. I think this wouldn't be such a big deal to me if I didn't love her and her poetry so much. So, we've paid our ten dollars to Amherst, Massachusetts and walked away happy knowing in some small way we are linked to her, (sort of:). Segueing into more Emily Dickinson news, there is a book I am currently reading that I would suggest: 'An arsonist's guide to WRITERS HOMES in New England,' by Brock Clarke. No, this isn't an actual arsonist's guide. It's a piece of fiction I picked up at a bookstore in Amherst. Just a good summer read.

No comments: